Director of the Library Information Technology Office
The Columbia University Libraries/Information Services seeks an experienced professional to serve as the Director of the Library Information Technology Office (LITO). The incumbent will oversee the planning, implementation and operation of all aspects of Library management and related systems, staff and public computing, servers and storage systems. Many of the projects will require collaboration with other departments within Columbia's Digital Program and Technology Services (DPTS) division as well as the Columbia University Information Technology Office. This position has four direct reports and a total staff of sixteen, along with an equipment budget of approximately $750,000. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Digital Programs and Technology Services, key responsibilities include:
- Manage personnel, including recruitment, evaluation, training and development;
- Oversee planning, implementation, configuration and ongoing support for the enterprise Library management system and related applications. Play lead role in vendor assessment and coordination;
- Oversee desktop and administrative technology services, including networking, computing, peripherals and Help Desk. Administer technology budget, upgrades, and replacement cycles;
- Oversees administration, planning and budget for Windows/Linux servers and storage for staff and public-facing applications and services. Oversees specialized applications and in-house development;
- Play lead role in technology strategic planning, analysis and assessment;
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of Information Services IT policies and procedures;
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends as applicable to the organization;
- Represent the Libraries in campus, regional and national meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience in related fields (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- demonstrated management experience; demonstrated leadership, and organizational skills
- strong knowledge of computer hardware, networking, systems administration, software tools and platforms to support commercial and custom software applications
- experience working with servers, storage, desktop and laptop support, networking printing, help desk, & emerging trends in IT
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- strong service orientation
- Prior experience in academic and/or library IT strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
To apply, please visit : jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=129238
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC