Working with new and existing systems, the Senior Technology Architect will conceptualize, design, and plan the development of complex software systems to be deployed by the ReCAP “Discovery to Delivery” System.
The Senior Technology Architect is responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems.
Position requires subject matter expert within own discipline with deep technical knowledge.
Integrates industry experience and deep professional/ technical knowledge. Knowledge and/or familiarity with inventory systems, delivery systems and library catalog systems a plus.
Guided by the business needs of the three partner consortia, the Senior Technology Architect develops technology strategy and plans to support and foster the sharing of physical collections housed in remote compact shelving facility. Project involves the integration of components of disparate systems. Provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. May coordinate across multiple technical departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership and guidance to others.
- AS/BS degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
- 5-8 years related technical architect experience.
- 6-10 years minimum experience required with relational databases
- Knowledge of networking tools and technologies (LDAP, Active Directory etc)
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs
- Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Deliver Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
- Experience with web application deployment
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server), OLAP, and multi-dimensional database
- Experience with Integrated Library Systems such as Endeavor, Ex Libris, Millennium ILS, etc.
- Experience with document delivery systems
- Experience with inventory systems
- Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
- Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
- Proficient in home and premise networking architectures, assessment and modeling.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC