Reports to the director of systems and is responsible for providing support in all aspects of the desktop computing requirements of The Collection. Responsibilities include installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing PC/Desktop computers, hardware, software, and peripherals. The network technician will assist the network manager in planning the computer network, including analyzing needs and costs, and selecting appropriate media devices and layouts for network configurations and security.
Triages requests and other technical needs of the facility based on an understanding of business priorities. Resolves desktop and network problems, including hardware, software, and networking/communication conflicts and defects. The technician will work to ensure network connectivity for data and phone circuits. Acts as a liaison between the network manager and staff, reporting any technical or security issues discovered and user reported issues to the network manager. Works with the Systems Department staff to develop and maintain policies and procedures for appropriate use of network resources and disaster recovery. The technician will assist in training staff on basic functions of MS Office and other hardware and software used by The Collection.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical training and experience working within a desktop support environment.
- Two to three years of experience in a network operations center or troubleshooting major PC software, hardware, configurations and network problems.
- Experience with Windows-XP, Windows 7, Mac OSX, desktops, laptops, and mobile devices as well as Windows and Linux servers, printer servers and TCP/IP networks.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects and coordinate repairs in a timely manner for staff operation.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate information and ideas, both spoken and written, clearly so that others will understand.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification in Windows 7, Windows XP and Office 2010 Suites a plus.
- CompTIA A+ Certification a plus.
- Apple Certified Support Professional certification a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot Cisco access points a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot Avaya IP Office and or Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist status a plus.
- Cabling experience a plus.
Benefits include paid vacation, holidays and sick leave as stated in THNOC employee handbook; 75% employer paid health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance; -paid life insurance, and long term disability insurance. Upon eligibility, 401(k) options and up to 5% employer match.
Position Available Immediately. Please submit your letter of application, résumé, and contact information for 3 references to:
Director of Systems
The Historic New Orleans Collection
533 Royal St.
New Orleans, LA 70130-2179
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 20, 2013 01:59 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC