The Digital Media Associate will support the day-to-day production of the current Guggenheim app, as well as prepare for future digital initiatives that further the museum’s goals. S/he will assist in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from planning and content entry through to archiving. The job requires follow up with content providers to ensure on time asset delivery. Additionally s/he will oversee the quality and scheduling of content entry work by freelancers. Assist the , Digital Media and Rights Manager with rights management duties.
[This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.]
- Assist Digital Media and Rights Manager in creating and communicating schedules, milestones, and deliverables for each project.
- Follow-up with content providers (curators, editors, production staff, digital media producers) to ensure that content deliverables including text, audio files, videos, slideshows, are on track as well as consistent across all media
- Ensure quality assurance (QA) for incoming digital assets and early proofing of app content
- Work with freelancers to ensure on time content entry
- Manage and maintain web-based issue tracking system, DoneDone
- Help Digital Media and Rights Manager ensure new content releases are effectively executed by interfacing with other museum staff and external vendors to schedule and oversee content pushes in the museum.
- Work with IT and other departments as well as external vendors to problem-solve issues as they arise with regard to content updates for the onsite devices and issues relating to the API; monitor regular data syncs to see they are completed successfully
- Working under the direction of the Digital Media and Rights Manager create of analytic reports on the app using Flurry and iTunes Connect
- Assist with creating graphics, loading content into collection database, TMS, and app CMS, editing HTML, or checking equipment, as needed.
- Archive past content with metadata to ensure legacy data is properly filed and easily accessible
- Under the supervision of the Digital Media and Rights Manager, work with museum departments to insure that proper photo credits and picture captions are being used.
- Maintain lists of artists and/or works in the museum’s collection that are either in the public domain or have no license fees.
- Update rights data into TMS
Qualifications and Requirements:
[To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
- 2-3 years experience required in digital media and content management for the visual arts, museums, or cultural organizations; digital project management; or related field
- Basic understanding of the software development lifecycle, production best practices, quality assurance methodology, asset management, and project management techniques
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS) is key
- Strong computer skills, including web-based Project Management Software (Basecamp, DoneDone, etc.); Microsoft Office; Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, basic HTML, basic JSON
- Knowledgeable of technical specs and requirements for various asset types, especially audio, video, and graphics
- Technical familiarity with APIs and comfort level in verifying data would be an asset
- Data management experience, including file naming conventions and archiving content is desirable
- Ability to produce multiple projects on time and work independently
- Engaged with new developments in multimedia solutions and technologies is ideal
- Communication and organizational abilities are essential
- Energy, enthusiasm, and initiative are key qualities for this position
- Collaborative and diplomatic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills are necessary
- BA or BS required
- Interest in and knowledge of art or architecture preferred
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Media Associate” in the subject line.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 20, 2013 01:53 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC