Created: March 14, 2012
CACI Arlington County0 other recent jobs
DescriptionNote: this is a contract job at the Library of Congress
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR 3 (63880)
Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Security Clearance: None
Clearance Status: Not Applicable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Local
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Systems Administrator 3 with a wide range of knowledge and experience supporting complex systems of networked computers to work within a team that includes other System Administrators, Software Engineers, and Managers supporting diverse projects with stakeholders that span multiple groups.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software, and communication issues by analyzing output from log files, system command line tools, and monitoring systems.
- Creates shell-based programs and scripts to perform configurations and adjustments to heterogeneous systems.
- Modifies and/or enhances database functionality.
- Performs automated and manual backup, archival, and restore processes while ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up and purged as necessary.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Provides user support and may conduct user software and hardware training to formulate technology solutions and ensure the effective safeguarding and sharing of enterprise data.
- Evaluates requests for hardware and software; researches and recommends solutions that meet the technological requirements of the client's technology architecture and infrastructure.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Provides technical information and documentation to other systems administrators.
- Creates, debugs, and modifies software and configuration management and deployment systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
- Expert knowledge of Linux System Administration (desired distros: Ubuntu/Debian, Red Hat or derivative).
- In depth knowledge of the methodologies and best practices for Linux systems deployment processes.
- Proficiency in a Package Management System (preferred: Debian/dpkg and/or Red Hat/RPM).
- Knowledgeable in Virtualization technologies (preferred: Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM))
- Strong scripting experience in at least one of: Unix Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python.
- Knowledgeable in Configuration Management Software (desired: Chef)
- Experience working with ticketing systems and using workflows.
- Possesses great customer service and communication skills.
- Experience installing, configuring and managing diverse server applications.
- Knowledgeable in networking protocols and Cisco switch configuration.
- Experience performing hardware upgrades and maintenance in a data center.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC