DescriptionThe Natural History Museum is one of the world’s leading museums, internationally recognised for its dual role as a centre of excellence in scientific research and as a leader in the presentation of natural history through exhibitions, public programmes, publications and the web.
The Natural History Museum are looking to recruit an Application Support Programmer to join the team in a role responsible for delivery of key information services and data processes/workflow to meet the business needs.
These services include:
- Line of business applications (e.g. Finance, CRM, HR, Intranet)
- Web infrastructure services and application (e.g. apache, tomcat, IIS, drupal, solr, caching/proxying, load balancing)
- Collections services (Ke-Emu, DAMS)
- Scientific projects development (e.g. Biodiversity Heritage Library; Synthesys; OpenUp) and scientific data integration
- Infrastructure applications (system monitoring, service desk database/workflow)
- Associated data/system integration and reporting
- Support/integration of cloud and external services (e.g. social feeds, library data discovery services)
The post holder will work within the ICT Systems team, closely aligned with the Museum’s business units and Science staff, to enable ICT to flexibly respond to increased demand for information management and to meet needs of projects both within ICT and across the Museum. Working with stakeholders across the Museum, you will be involved in creating and supporting data exchange, integration and reporting as well as troubleshooting issues when they arise, working with the other members of the ICT systems team to formulate solutions.
The successful candidate is expected to be able to lead data/information service related projects, and advise on information/service strategy to the ICT management team.
The team is responsible for planning, installing, administering and supporting the Museum’s information services, web services and related business applications. Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, carry out planned and routine maintenance to services according to pre-defined schedules, and monitor system performance as needed to maintain and develop these services.
Specific skills include business/functional requirements analysis, bespoke developments/scripting to support data integration (java, php, python, as potential examples in the environment), an understanding of XML manipulation and transformation, an understanding of database analysis.
Full description at NHM jobs (https://nhm.irecruittotal.com/CONFIG/NHM/StaticPages/CAC/SearchVacancy.aspx?EmploymentTypeID=0&Intranet=0
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC