Hypothesis is seeking a developer and pragmatic dreamer who cares about community, code quality and usability to help a well-funded, not-for-profit initiative deliver on the long-sought-after dream of an annotated Web by producing great Open Source software. Our current stack is Pyramid, Angular.js, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch; however familiarity with these tools is not a requirement.
The team is based in San Francisco but remote applicants are encouraged to apply.Requirements and responsibilities
- Produce quality software for Hypothesis Open Source projects.
- Drive technical design and execution through the full product life-cycle as a core member of the Hypothesis development team.
- Coordinate with a small, distributed group of ambitious team members, independent contributors and others working on related projects.
- Full time availability.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and interest in contributing to, Free or Open Source Software (F/OSS)
- Experience in distributed collaboration using git, mailing lists, and issue tracking software
- Experience with at least one modern web development framework on either the front or back end a plus: Pyramid or Flask; Angular.JS, Backbone or Knockout; or popular frameworks in other languages (Rails, Express, etc)
- Experience with modern storage and information processing infrastructure a plus: relational databases such as PostgreSQL; new school key/value stores such as Redis or TokyoCabinet; search technologies such as Lucene or ElasticSearch; Hadoop and Pig; Storm or Kafka; column-oriented databases such as Cassandra or HBase; and document-oriented databases such as CouchDB or MongoDB
- Familiarity with Web architecture technologies such as link relations, semantic markup, microdata and microformats, REST/HATEOAS and a strong grasp of HTTP semantics
- A relaxed and positive outlook
- Working with a team of quirky, passionate builders creating next generation tools for media and digital literacy while promoting openness on the Web
- Contributing to a highly visible open source project and building your open source portfolio
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Join our mailing list or IRC channel, become familiar with our roadmap and issues, and contribute!
- Contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC