DescriptionYouth Services Librarian:
The Catskill Public Library is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Youth Services Librarian. The applicant should be creative, energetic, and tech-savvy with an unflinching positive attitude. This librarian is responsible for planning and developing a variety of youth services public programs; collection development; reference; and reader’s advisory service for kids and teens.
Applicants should enjoy going out into the community to promote the library and our programs. Must have experience with new technologies and social media. You should be willing to conduct library orientation tours and programs for community groups and agencies as well as be a team player. The ideal candidate is someone who has lots of energy, imagination, and curiosity. This is an opportunity to use your knowledge and expertise to bring new experiences to the library and our community.
• Preferred candidates will possess a master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program.
• Recent graduates or those about to graduate, welcome to apply.
• Initiating and maintaining strong community partnerships; especially within the school district.
• Planning, implementing and promoting programs, events, activities and tours.
• Implementing and supervising a Volunteer program.
• Overseeing material selection and expenditures.
• Ability to self-manage, plan and organize work to complete within set deadlines.
• While this position is under the direct supervision of the Library Director, this position does require some supervision over library staff.
This is a full-time, civil service position. Candidate must pass eligibility requirements for Civil Service within one year of offer. Salary commensurate with experience and eligibility; serious enquiries only please. Schedule includes weekend and evening hours.
Salary: $31,000/yr. plus medical and vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume with three professional references to Jobs@catskillpubliclibrary.org or
Samuel Alvarez, Librarian
Catskill Public Library
1 Franklin Street
Catskill, NY 12414
Application Deadline: June 14, 2013
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 22:38 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC