DescriptionThe Databrary project seeks a motivated and flexible UI/UX designer to help create a web-based data library. You will work with users and developers to design the face and UX of a site to enable behavioral researchers to collaborate, store, explore, and access research datasets. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build clean, modular, and polished template designs using HTML, CSS, and SVG.
- Create, test, and validate interface (UX and UI) designs using visual mockups and other rapid prototyping techniques.
- Work flexibly with software developers and behavioral researchers to build and improve intuitive, professional interfaces.
- Learn and understand structure of research data and its presentational needs.
- Background in visual communication, graphic design, or other relevant field
- Proficiency with vector graphics design and image editing tools such as Illustrator, Inkscape, etc.
- Understanding of layout, typography, color and other design principles
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 with an ability to implement designs using these technologies
- Familiarity with UNIX development tools such as git
- Experience interfacing with web frameworks such as Rails, Django, or PHP
- Comfortable with Agile software development methodologies
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One page cover letter (PDF)
- Academic transcript of your formal qualifications (PDF)
- Links to your open source contributions or other samples of your work
- Resume (PDF)
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC