DescriptionMinimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- ALA accredited MLS or equivalent.
- Three years experience working with acquisitions, serials, and electronic resources in an integrated library system.
- Experience in the negotiation and review of license agreements.
- Extensive experience working with vendors, publishers, subscription agents, and others.
- Experience supporting an OpenURL link resolver and providing troubleshooting services for access issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complex, ever-changing electronic publishing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and cooperatively within and across organizations.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with electronic resources usage statistics standard and protocol (COUNTER and SUSHI)
- Experience with Voyager (ILS) and SFX (link resolver).
- Experience working in a consortial environment.
The Assistant Electronic Resources Acquisitions (AERA) Librarian is primarily responsible for managing contracted services with the University of Wisconsin System for the Shared Electronic Collection. Reporting to the Head, Acquisitions Department, the AERA Librarian will work closely with the Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian, other electronic resources support staff in the Department, and the UW System Administrative Program Manager in the coordination and provision of services. Principal duties include review and negotiation of license terms and pricing with vendors/publishers, management of resources for the SEC, facilitation of selection and assessment of SEC content, facilitation of the work of the Council of University of Wisconsin Libraries Collection Development Committee (CDC), and special projects with the SEC Management Committee.
This is a 75% time position for one year, with the possibility of renewal for an additional year, at the title of Academic Librarian or Senior Academic Librarian.
How to apply
Published: Monday, May 20, 2013 09:04 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC