Electronic Arts Intermix — New York City
0 other recent jobs
Created: May 14, 2013
DescriptionElectronic Arts Intermix (EAI), a leading nonprofit resource for video and digital media art in New York, is seeking a motivated and organized intern with a background in media collections to work in our Chelsea office two days a week for the Summer semester. Founded in 1971, EAI holds one of the world’s largest and most important collections of single-channel video and media works by artists, spanning the 1960s to the present. This is a great opportunity for a someone interested in media preservation, archives/library science, or collection management to gain experience working with a moving image collection.
We are seeking an intern with an interest in digital collections to assist in the planning stages of a project that will create an online streaming distribution model of video content for educational purposes. Tasks may include assisting in the development of collection specific standardized keywords, grant writing, creating technical specifications, researching vendors, and interface design.
While this is an unpaid internship, we will work with current students and their academic institutions to provide the necessary information to grant academic credit for this internship.
Other projects may include:
• General collection maintenance, including inventory of the tape library and processing new acquisitions
• Assisting in the ongoing maintenance of a custom built content management system including reconciling duplicate records and updating title records
• Assisting in the planning and implementing the digitization of special collections (non-video)
• Assisting the Collection Manager in other archive and preservation projects
• Comfortable in a Macintosh environment and proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
• Experience with using scanners and Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with digital preservation standards is a plus
• Strong written communication
• Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Interest and knowledge of video art preferred. Knowledge of video formats is a plus.
• Experience with databases, content management systems, or digital asset management systems is a plus
• Experience with web design, HTML, and user interface design is a plus
• Completed or enrolled in a related graduate program is a plus
• 2 days a week from May/June - August
• unpaid; EAI will assist with obtaining academic credit
Please email resume with a brief cover letter to: Desiree Leary, dleary(at)eai.org.
Applications will be accepted until by May 24, 2013. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Electronic Arts Intermix is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 00:59 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC