DescriptionTechnical Support Specialist
Stanford University Libraries
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist/Engineer.
There is a strong candidate identified for this position.
The LOCKSS Program, Stanford University works with library partners around the globe. Libraries use the LOCKSS peer-to-peer preservation technology to build and preserve digital library collections. This position provides technical support to libraries to maintain their LOCKSS boxes. Maintaining and conveying enthusiasm is as important as technical competence. The ability to write complete and clear documentation and hold effective phone conversations is required.
The LOCKSS program staff is a small team who is passionate about their “good work” and who work together closely.
• Familiarity with the LOCKSS Software Linux platform
• Experience in system administration of Linux and OpenBSD
• Writing shell scripts
• Understanding of PC and server hardware
• Understanding of networking
• Use of ticketing systems
• Ability to write clear, detailed documentation
• Excellent customer service skills – ability to work with a wide range of people with very varied technical skills; and maintain a positive polite disposition.
• Committed human being who strives to ensure the ultimate success of the libraries we’re supporting;
• Friendly approach to clients and other members of the team;
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn new technical concepts
• 4- year college degree, computer science, engineering or related field
• Three to five years’ relevant experience.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 15:31 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC