discoverygarden uses a variety of best-practice Open Source technologies to create customized Data Asset Management systems for an impressive ‘A-List’ of clients in the Cultural, Academic and Research communities. While dgi’s work is centered on the Islandora Open Source Framework, the company also provides numerous services and tools to assist organizations in the mapping, storing, retrieval, stewardship and preservation of their digital assets.
We’re looking for a talented Metadata Librarian to provide expertise on current metadata schemas and standards, data modelling, and digital library practices and procedures. As a Metadata Librarian you will act as a consultant to our clients and to our internal team. You will work closely with project managers and developers to scope new projects, plan data migrations, and make sure the final product meets the long-term needs of the client.
What You Will Do
- Consult with clients on metadata requirements, data modelling, and feature development.
- Assist Project Managers with client data requirements.
- Research client requirements in specific disciplines/areas and provide advice to both clients and team members.
- Validate new features in the context of client requirements.
- Analyze and validate client data for repository migrations and long-term sustainability.
- Provide data modelling recommendations based on best practices.
- Validate concepts for new features and data models.
- Provide user training, either remotely or onsite, as required.
What you’ll need
- Master’s degree in Library Science or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of metadata schemas and standards.
- Strong understanding of the digital library process.
- Strong understanding of data modeling.
- Interest in new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfort with technology and able to explain it to others.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
What we’ll love to see
- Familiarity with digital asset management systems.
- Wireframing experience.
- Familiarity with Open Source technologies, including Drupal.
The successful candidate must be willing to locate in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada and be eligible to work in Canada.
Qualified candidates may forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Metadata Librarian” in the subject line. discoverygarden is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence and will be responded to.
This is a full time position with industry standard compensation and benefits. The start date is negotiable (depending on the successful candidate’s ability to relocate to Prince Edward Island and the amount of notice the candidate must give at their current place of employment, if applicable).
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC