DescriptionThe J.N. Desmarais Library invites applications from two innovative and creative individuals for
tenure-track faculty positions: one responsible for e-learning services and related library systems
and one responsible for providing library services for the new School of Architecture.
The E-Learning Librarian will, in both official languages:
- Develop an e-learning delivery plan that aligns with the Laurentian University Strategic Plan 2012-1027.
- Monitor and document e-learner progress to ensure outcomes are being achieved.
- Provide support and guidance for the e-learning environment.
- Promote, enhance, and support systems to sustain e-learning initiatives, such as integrated library system (Evergreen) and the institutional repository (DSpace).
- Provide reference services, in both official languages.
- Provide library instruction in assigned subject areas, in both official languages.
- Develop and maintain assigned subject areas of the library collection.
- A Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Current knowledge of e-learning trends and technologies.
- Current knowledge of telecommunications and networks as they relate to libraries.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in both official languages.
experience, preferably two years, will be an asset.
Laurentian University librarians are Members of the Laurentian University Faculty Association
(LUFA). Information on LUFA and the Collective Agreement can be found at http://www.lufapul.ca
Laurentian University is a bilingual institution (English/French) and an equal opportunity
employer who encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women,
Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. In accordance
with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and
permanent residents. More information on Laurentian University can be found at
Applicants should provide a cover letter clearly indicating the position applying for, a detailed
curriculum vitae, and three current letters of reference addressed to: Robert Kerr, Vice-President,
Academic and Provost by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2013.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC