This is a full time position with dual responsibilities.
- Update the website on a regular schedule and timely respond to change requests.
- Assure that the website is easy to navigate and that it addresses the needs of our visitors.
- Assure quality and functionality of web pages.
- Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website.
- Troubleshoot the site in areas including content, links, registration flows and transaction logs.
- Be able to implement search engine optimization strategies.
- Review statistics and monitor analytics.
- Plan for future changes to the website to stay current with new technology.
- Strong customer service skills
- Setup, maintains, and breakdown audio/video equipment.
- Supervises Media Services
- Communicates and collaborates with student assistants and Administrative staff in support of school and library objectives. * Performs additional related duties as requested.
- Comfortable using windows based operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting processes
- Must be familiar with all AV cable and connector types
- Although the working hours for this position are 9:00AM to 5:00PM, it may require in some occasions to work shift schedules (occasionally includes some off hours)
- Must be able to understand: soundboard mixing, camera setup and operate controls, lighting design fundamentals/control boards, setup microphones/speakers and maintenance, able to perform sound checks, production board control
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Be able to effectively coordinate AV set up schedules
- Possess strong work ethic, good customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
- Be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies.
- Be able to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, retirement, vacation, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Audio Visual experience required
- Video Teleconference experience
- A Bachelor's degree in media, website development, computer sciences, or related field is required.
- A minimum of two years experience in a related field is required. This position requires proven database design skills and previous experience in the development and maintenance of a website.
- Proven ability to take projects from concept to completion.
- Project management experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- High attention to accuracy and detail. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge, experience, and commitment to working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Experience in an academic environment is preferred.
Send resume and cover letter via e-mail attention to:
Associate Professor of Law
& Law Library Director
St. Thomas University
16401 Nw 37 Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33054
How to apply
Published: Monday, January 23, 2012 16:57 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC