DescriptionJob Summary/Basic Function: The Systems/Web Services Librarian is responsible for maintenance, management, support and training for the Ex Libris Voyager integrated library system in a multi-campus and statewide consortial environment. Runs Voyager maintenance and statistical reports on a regular schedule. Administers and provides support for various library software products in use by public services and library technical services staff. Serves as webmaster for GPC libraries, and is responsible for leading efforts toward a unified web presence in a college-wide environment. May assist with e-resource functions as needed, and with special projects as assigned by the Director of Library Technical Services. Serves on library and campus committees and participates in appropriate professional development activities.
Required Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of library systems administration experience is required. Library experience in web design or web content management is preferred. Academic library experience is preferred. Prior experience administering Ex Libris Voyager is preferred. Prior experience in a consortial environment, particularly GIL, is highly desirable.
Required Education: A minimum of a Master's degree in Library and Information Science or Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an ALA accredited college or university is required. Computer science education and/or background are desirable.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of library systems management practices.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in web design and web content management.
- Excellent technology, organizational, communication, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Current awareness of emerging library technologies and national trends in library services.
- Demonstrated ability to work with patrons and staff with varying levels of expertise, and to make technology understandable and appealing to an academic audience.
- Ability to form and cultivate collaborative working relationships.
Published: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:05 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC