The Assistant / Associate Dean for Strategic Technology Initiatives provides vision and leadership to effectively integrate technology into the operations of Milner Library and leads its efforts to develop and implement services-based strategies that utilize technology. The incumbent will collaborate with university technology leadership and the university community to shape and implement information technology initiatives according to the needs of Educating Illinois. . This position develops and implements processes aligned with the university's strategic plan and student and faculty needs. The incumbent provides direction for and coordinates services of Milner Library's Library Information Technology, Digital Collections and Digital and Data Services departments and units, and coordinates planning of services with Library departments and units. The incumbent ensures that Milner Library's technological goals and activities align with those of the University through effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience
- Experience developing and implementing library service-oriented technologies
- Master's degree from an ALA accredited graduate program and an additional advanced degree at time of hire
- Experience supervising professional personnel.
- Three years in a leadership capacity
- Experience working in higher education library technology environment
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, planning, and project management
- Knowledge of technology issues and trends affecting libraries and academia
- Ability to build relationships with diverse constituents within the university community as well as consortia
- Ability to communicate, delegate, motivate, organize, and develop staff in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to produce clear written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to speak persuasively and confidently to large and diverse audiences; and to listen to and respond to people's situations in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing and to interpret, clarify, explain and apply copyright law, regulations, policy and procedures.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- High ethical standards.
For a full job description and to apply online, please visit: www.jobs.ilstu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=63130<http://www.jobs.ilstu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=63130>
Illinois State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University Encouraging Diversity.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 09:21 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC