DescriptionThe European Library service works for the benefit of two communities:
- Researchers across the world use our portal as a single access point to content from Europe’s most prestigious libraries.
- For libraries, we are a way to efficiently distribute content to various platforms and into researchers’ workflows. We make the collections and intellectual output of our partners as accessible as possible to a global audience.
To manage all communications for The European Library and its associated projects.
- To promote The European Library effectively across our network of libraries
- To connect with our target audience groups
- To monitor the editorial quality of curatorial information available on the portal
- To be responsible for the Editorial Plan 2013 and turn the plan into action
- To be responsible for the social media activities of The European Library
- To take responsibility for the production of corporate communications, such as editing and publishing of the annual report, annual plan, quarterly reports, etc
- To support editorial activities required by associated projects
Skills and experience
- Native English speaker
- Outstanding communicator, with excellent writing skills and experience in writing and editing press releases
- Graduate or equivalent
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of a sector relevant to our work, for example, libraries or universities
- Excellent team player
- Computer literate, experience with MS Office, possibly InDesign and Photoshop
- Self starter
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Relevant professional qualification
The European Library
Established since 2005, The European Library offers a single point of access to the bibliographical and digital collections of the national and research libraries of Europe. It is a service of the Conference of European National Librarians (CENL) and is based in the National Library of The Netherlands in The Hague.
For more information, please visit the website: http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org
Staff of The European Library are employed by the Europeana Foundation, based in The Hague.
Terms and conditions of employment
The salary for this post is in line with the Collective Labour agreement for Research Centres, scale 9 or 10, (€ 2.500 - € 3.800,- gross per month, holiday allowance and annual bonus not included) depending on your experience and skills. In addition, you will have 42 days holiday per year, a holiday allowance (8%), an annual bonus (around 8%) and good fringe benefits.
This position is until 31st December 2013 in the first instance. Renewal is possible, subject to performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
For questions about the job please email email@example.com. Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly marked ’Editorial Officer, The European Library’.
Final acceptance date for application: 29 April 2013 at 12:00 CET
First telephone interviews will be held during the week beginning 8 May 2013
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:54 UTC