Library Relations Coordinator
DescriptionWe are now seeking a qualified and experienced professional to manage relationships with our libraries network.
To manage all customer relationship-related activities for The European Library and associated projects
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of the libraries in our network
- Communicate regularly with member libraries, providing help and advice on all topics related to The European Library
- Investigate and solve queries and problems raised by libraries
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date profiles of libraries within our customer relationship management system and on the website,
- Keep accurate and detailed records of correspondence and discussions with libraries
- Monitor libraries' satisfaction with our service and provide detailed reports
- Develop and maintain policies on services to libraries
- Keep all our documentation for libraries up to date
- Stay fully informed of our products and services and be able to communicate these effectively to libraries
Skills and experience
- Outstanding communicator
- At least one year of relevant experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the libraries sector
- Fluency in English
- Excellent team player
- Relevant professional qualification
The European Library
Established since 2005, The European Library offers a single point of access to the bibliographical and digital collections of the national and research libraries of Europe. It is a service of the Conference of European National Librarians (CENL) and is based in the National Library of The Netherlands in The Hague.
For more information, please visit the website: http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org
Staff of The European Library are employed by the Europeana Foundation, based in The Hague.
Terms and conditions of employment
The salary for this post is in line with the Collective Labour agreement for Research Centres, scale 9 or 10, (€ 2.500 - € 3.800,- gross per month, holiday allowance and annual bonus not included) depending on your experience and skills. In addition, you will have 42 days holiday per year, a holiday allowance (8%), an annual bonus (around 8%) and good fringe benefits.
This position is for 6 months in the first instance. Any renewal is subject to suitable performance and availability of funding. The contract is for a maximum of 40 hours a week.
How to apply
For questions about the job please email Aubery Escande email@example.com. Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly marked ‘Library Relations Officer, The European Library'.
Final acceptance date for application: 26 April 2013 at 12:00 CET
First telephone interviews will be held during the week beginning: 6 May 2013
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:50 UTC