DescriptionJob ID: 15501
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is April 12, 2013
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The UC Berkeley Library provides scholarly information to all faculty and students in the support of the University's research and instruction mission. The Library Systems Office (LSO) provides technical support for Library, including developing; purchasing and/or supporting all types of hardware platforms and software applications. Library Applications and Publishing supports a variety of in house and vendor supplied software applications, including the Millennium Integrated Library System.
- Project management of multiple projects related to the Integrated Library System.
- Maintain and continually improve the Integrated Library System.
- Oversee problem resolution and requests for reports or statistics submitted to the OskiCat virtual helpdesk and via other means.
- Document, analyze, and communicate about problems and enhancement requests.
- Act as a liaison to vendors and partners such as OCLC and CDL for projects, problems, and requests for new functionality that relate to the ILS.
- Supervise 6 FTE.
- Support and encourage staff training and documentation of procedures by content experts.
- Help support the Asktico documentation repository.
- Advocate for quality, standardized, efficient procedures and workflows relating to ILS functions.
- Identify opportunities for automation
- Produce and review statistics to inform decision relating to the ILS.
- Perform data quality control to identify training issues and correct problems in batch when possible.
- Coordinate and manage software upgrades for the ILS.
- Review existing workflows and suggest improvements.
- Occasional evening/weekend work required.
- Ability to function effectively in an environment of competing priorities, balancing important tasks, urgent tasks, and ongoing maintenance.
- Experience working with library data.
- Experience with automation of manual tasks.
- Understanding of project management best practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders up and down the line and to support front line staff.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence others through shared vision.
- Strong collaboration skills, including the ability to allow all voices to be heard, and to support flexible and innovative group thinking.
- Ability to engage peers to make decisions and take action to complete initiatives.
- Supervision experience.
- Experience with Innovative Interface's Millennium ILS.
- Scripting experience.
- Experience documenting procedures.
- Basic Linux familiarity.
- Familiarity with data stewardship best practices around privacy and disaster recovery.
- Experience with Innovative Interface's Sierra ILS.
- Experience with Drupal.
- Experience with migrating systems
- Knowledge of interface design
- Excellent supervision skills
- Highly developed analytic and communication skills (both oral and written) including the ability to communicate technical issues effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to work within in a team environment and actively promote collaboration
- Project management experience
Annual: $89,800 - $111,500
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/forms_pubs/misc/benefits_of_belonging.pdf
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Apply through jobs.berkeley.edu.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC