DescriptionICF International’s Education, Community & Social Programs Division provides our clients with a wide range of technical assistance, research and evaluation services. Our work focuses on education policy issues; uses proven and innovative methods for delivering high-quality, timely technical assistance; seeks to inform education stakeholders of best practices; and involves working closely with clients to ensure that training and technical assistance support services are relevant, useful, and make a difference.
ICF is currently seeking a Library Manager. The Library Manager will work with library staff to select, acquire, catalog, and maintain the elements of the library collection. The Library Manager will provide supervision to a variety of staff such as librarians, catalogers, and library assistants.
- Manage staff responsible for identifying and developing library content.
- Work with website teams to support their activities and to integrate library materials into website.
- Maintain library collection and database.
- Maintain and update Thesaurus.
- Maintain or delegate production of Library products.
- Work with a wide variety of specialized staff and provide library/information expertise to staff, client, and the public.
- Integrate librarians into content teams; integrate library content into sections of website.
- Participate in meetings as needed to represent the library.
- Ongoing research of publications, articles, reports, materials, and books.
- Collect and catalog materials on an ongoing basis to keep information up to date on new materials and products.
- Provide the client with suggestions for the inclusion of new materials or discontinuance of subscriptions or other materials as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or closely related field.
- 7+ years of directly relevant experience in the management and maintenance of virtual libraries.
- Experience and knowledge of issues within the field of education.
- Experience with database construction, thesaurus construction, and library supervision.
- Experience with federal government programs, particularly in a consulting environment.
- Ability to work closely with people from several different functions, different levels of expertise, and support information needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical users.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary.
- ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 4, 2013 19:11 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC