DescriptionColgate University Libraries seeks a creative and user-oriented information professional to serve as Systems Librarian. The primary focus will include the Libraries’ integrated library system (Innovative Interfaces/III), interlibrary services system, the Dematic Library Automated Storage and Retrieval (LASR) system, and digital publishing platforms.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Initiatives and Resources, this person will share leadership and responsibility for planning, developing, integrating, implementing, and maintaining the digital systems and services.
The successful candidate will collaborate with librarians, staff, technologists, and faculty in a cutting edge library and technology facility. Ideally, the person will have a strong philosophical and functional grounding or interest in library services and the provision of technical and patron support in a library setting.
The successful candidate will possess the best combination of the following:
• An ALA-accredited master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency with one or more programming or scripting languages and HTML/CSS [required]
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; adaptability, creativity, and an aptitude to learn new technological tools and techniques
• Working knowledge of an ILS (Innovative Interfaces Millennium/Sierra preferred but not required)
• Familiarity with the MARC cataloging format
• Proficiency with standard desktop software and hardware
• Familiarity with current and emerging trends, standards and technologies, and the intellectual curiosity to investigate, advise, and collaboratively implement new technology solutions.
Additional information about Colgate University, the Colgate Libraries, and the full job description can be found at http://exlibris.colgate.edu/joinus.html
Application procedure: please apply online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/2632
Review of application materials will begin on May 2, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
Colgate is a highly selective private liberal arts university located in Hamilton, NY, and is an EO/AA employer. Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty, staff, and student body further the university’s educational mission. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with dual career considerations can find postings of other employment opportunities at http://www.upstatenyherc.org
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 4, 2013 16:01 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC