DescriptionWarner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Senior Metadata Archivist for the Entertainment Media Archives department. Position uses senior level experience in providing day-to-day metadata cataloging of assets and asset records. Uses senior level experience in the metadata auditing of new and existing records. Completes the above cataloging and auditing work in Gator, MARS, DETE and the MSB systems to established standards. Handles more complex metadata catalogs and metadata issues.
- Create new records and complete record cataloging for Gator, MARS and the DETE.
- Audit existing records and records created by other entities to resolve data errors for Gator, MARS and DETE.
- (Research) Liaise with all departments necessary to obtain data for production and marketing assets (credits, scripts, closed captioning, subtitling files, etc.) for all productions.
- (Research) Locate materials in order to source related metadata for input into systems, always checking for accuracy and correct spelling.
- Assist with special research projects; including assisting the Servicing Group and other divisions on asset availability.
- Recommend metadata best practices for managing records across Gator, MARS and the MSB.
- College degree: Masters of Library Sciences, Business Systems (Xytech), Communication or Business preferred.
- Library Sciences, Business Systems Analysis, Client Relations or Entertainment experience preferred.
- Experience in cataloging preferred.
- Knowledge of data standards boards (MARC, Dublin Core) preferred.
- Knowledge of a foreign language preferred.
- Knowledge of Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Inventory systems preferred (Xytech).
- Familiarity with warehouse inventory operations preferred.
- Knowledge of WB product preferred.
- Familiarity with Entertainment media terminology preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to problem solve and reason through issues and problems.
- Must be able to train and provide guidance to others.
- Must be able to deal effectively and tactfully with executives, talent, clients, vendors and staff.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC