Strategic Communications Coordinator
Created: March 29, 2013
Miami University Oxford0 other recent jobs
DescriptionMiami University Libraries invites applications for the position of Strategic Communications Coordinator. This position will play a key role in planning, designing, implementing, reviewing and assessing an integrated communications and marketing program that promotes, showcases and enhances the Miami University Libraries brand. Miami University Libraries is looking for a service oriented, energetic, motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to work in a team-based environment to advance its strategic directions, goals and objectives. This position reports to the Dean of the Libraries.
- Collaboratively develop and implement a marketing and communication plan with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with other departments and communications and marketing professionals across the university community to create innovative approaches to heighten awareness, understanding, and engagement with the Libraries' services, collections, activities, and initiatives.
- Produce marketing and promotional materials including annual reports, web content, social media campaigns, print brochures, mailers, newsletters, emails, advertisements, signage, digital media, posters, publications, and other marketing materials that communicate, inform and persuade.
- Design consistent and effective messages, marketing materials, media kits, campaigns and brand standards to represent and promote the Libraries.
- Prepare background materials for meetings for the Dean, write speeches, and draft and edit the Dean's communications with external and campus constituencies.
- Help promote Library special events, exhibits and other outreach activities.
- Analyze and assess effectiveness of messages, marketing materials, and distribution channels (including social media marketing).
- Partner with Office of Development to create diverse communication and marketing strategies for donors.
- Communicate strategic directions, goals and objectives to a variety of constituencies by creating compelling success stories and marketing materials.
- Shows initiative and ability to manage time, prioritize multiple and concurrent tasks, and quickly produce results under tight deadlines.
- Ability to creatively approach challenges and projects and to work effectively, both independently and in teams, to drive toward common goals, consistent with Library vision and strategies.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Experience working with library, non-profit, or higher education organization.
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience creating, writing and editing a variety of materials such as articles, brochures, news releases and web content.
- Advanced degree in Library Science or related field.
- Creative flair and capability to consistently generate new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop through understanding of stakeholders motivations, preferences and opinions.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time twelve-month position. Salary is based upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include major medical, dental and term life insurance, and Ohio Public Employees Retirement System or Alternative Retirement Program (ARP).
To Apply: Submit letter of application, resume, and name, telephone number and email address of three references to Jerome Conley, Interim Dean and University Librarian, 151 S. Campus Ave., King Library, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056. Review of applications will begin April 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. Miami University is an EOE/AA employer with smoke-free campuses. Right to Know Consumer information:
http://www.miami.muohio.edu/about-miami/publications-and-policies/student-consumer-info/. Hard copy available upon request.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC
How to apply
Published: Friday, March 29, 2013 11:29 UTC