King Abdullah University of Science and Technology — Thual
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 27, 2013
DescriptionUnder the direction of the Manager of Technical and Digital Services, position supports the operations of technical and digital services and management of electronic resources in the integrated library system and the web. Collaborates with Subject Specialists on electronic collection development. Supports the Systems Librarian and administers the development and maintenance of the Library web site.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Systems Librarian to support and administer the work associated with the integrated library system to include performing tasks, creating documentation, and maintaining files.
- Manage electronic journals within the integrated library system including generating reports to identify and remove duplicate records and recommend improvements.
- Monitor the library website, implement regular updates, and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate with KAUST IT to maintain the library AV and lab equipment. Train others, troubleshoot, and recommend enhancements as needed.
- Organize and manage projects assigned by the manager in the areas of knowledge management and faculty profiling.
- Generate monthly statistical reports on system usage to include cataloging, circulation, acquisition, etc.
- Assist manager with reports including searching and ordering statistics.
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies, standards, goals, and procedures to meet objectives and to continuously improve workflow in technical and digital services.
- Provide back up in technical services and general Library activities including cataloging, Information desk, and shelf maintenance.
- Maintain statistics and contribute to creating accurate and timely reports and documentation
- Develop and deliver training to Library staff as needed.
- Participate in training/development activities and workshops to enhance skills and competencies.
- Familiar with integrated library systems.
- Demonstrated skills analyzing problems and performing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office.
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills including experience interacting with a diverse population including faculty, researchers, graduate students, fellow library staff, campus administrative staff, and vendors.
- Demonstrated flexibility to work a variety of operational areas and a variety of hours that may include evening and weekends.
- Able to continuously learn and acquire basic knowledge or library resources and services, computers, and information technology, internet searching, sources, and office tools and software.
- Reliable and dependable in attendance and completing assignments.
- Attention to detail and able to consistently follow instructions and procedures.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to produce results solve problems, initiate ideas and projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Fluent reading and speaking in English.
- BA/BS degree required in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional office environment providing customer service and /or administrative support services.
- Experience in a library environment preferred.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 19:52 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC