DescriptionReporting to the Head of Technical Services, this Librarian manages the day-to-day operations of SpecialCollections, Archives, and Digital Initiatives. In addition to other related duties, essential duties and responsibilities include:
* Accessions and processes archival collections and produces finding aids
* Catalogs special collections monographs and archives materials using MARC
* Identifies, digitizes, catalogs and mounts digital collections in the digital repository
* Implements, uses and maintains the archives content management software
* Supervises scanning projects
* Produces marketing materials for the unit
* Develops Web information including LibGuides, tutorials, and unit pages
* Selects and acquires materials for special collections according to collection development policy
* Develops the collection as liaison to assigned academic departments
* Provides face-to-face and virtual reference services through regularly scheduled reference hours including
evening and weekend rotations
* Teaches in library instruction program
* Solves practical problems and uses good judgment in making decisions
* Trains and supervises student assistants and interns
* Participates in committee work
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* ALA-accredited Master’s Degree.
* Strong service orientation.
* Positive interpersonal skills.
* Sound critical thinking skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* At least three years of experience in special collections, and/or archives, and/or digital collections.
* Coursework relevant to Special Collections, Archives, and Digital Initiatives.
* Reference and instruction experience.
* Experience using III Millennium, OCLC, MARC, Dublin Core, Digitool and Archivists Toolkit.
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, administrative appointment.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by April 30, 2013.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC