Systems Administrator I
University of Northern British Columbia — Prince George
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 18, 2013
DescriptionThe University of Northern British Columbia is inviting applications for the position of Systems Administrator at the Geoffrey R. Weller Library. Reporting to the Digital Initiatives Librarian, the Systems Administrator I – Library is part of the library technology team and the ITS systems team. This position will primarily provide systems-related and advanced application support to library staff and library patrons.
Services supported include: data archival and backup, authentication and user management, web and e-mail services, database management, network file storage, desktop support, thin client and terminal services support.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- development of in-house software tools for various support and operating tasks
- some day-to-day systems management and monitoring
- working as member of different project teams that implement major server-based projects and enterprise applications
- collaboration with other ITS areas for special projects as required
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in information technology and a minimum of two years directly related experience with operating systems and networks. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least one of MCITP or RHSE
- Familiarity with Linux and Microsoft Windows sever operating systems
- Experience working with a LAMP stack
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills; superior problem solving and time management skills
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse set of clients, including senior technical staff, support staff, faculty members, and students
The annual salary range for this position is $55,983.20 - $57,712.20, and the normal starting salary will be $55,983.20.
UNBC offers employee tuition waivers (includes spouse and dependents), excellent benefit and pension packages, as well as employee training and development opportunities. For more details please see http://www.unbc.ca/human-resources.
Normal hours of work will be 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. However some flexibility is required as generally system maintenance occurs during off-hours.
Internal applicants from CUPE Local 3799 will be given priority consideration.
Please forward your resume and proof of education quoting competition #13-031CU to:
Human Resources, University of Northern British Columbia
3333 University Way, Prince George, BC, V2N 4Z9
Email submissions: HRecruit@unbc.ca
Inquiries: (250) 960-5521
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Northern British Columbia is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in UNBC however, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm Tues, April 2, 2013.
Priority will be given to internal applications received by 4:30pm Wed, March 27, 2013.
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 18, 2013 23:47 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC