DescriptionLewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon, invites applications for a Science/Data Services Librarian at the Aubrey R. Watzek Library. Watzek Library supports the College of Arts & Sciences and the Graduate School of Education & Counseling, and is a member of the Orbis Cascade Alliance, a consortium of 37 academic libraries in the Pacific Northwest.
The library staff of 25 offers specialized research consultations, a course-integrated program of information literacy instruction, a librarian liaison for each academic department and program of study, robust special collections & archives, several curriculum-integrated digital initiatives, and a Visual Resources Center. When classes are in session, the library is open 24 hours every weekday.
The Science/Data Services Librarian is an entry-level position that:
- Provides leadership in the planning, implementation, and assessment of library research and data services in support of the natural sciences and other data-related disciplines.
- Develops liaison partnerships with science faculty, staff, and students to support teaching, learning, and research and incorporates new approaches and technologies into existing and future services.
- Teaches course-integrated information literacy, assists students and faculty at the reference desk and with in-depth research consultations.
Lewis & Clark College is an equal opportunity employer.
- Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science
- Knowledge of the scientific research process and data management tools
- Familiarity with science and statistical information resources and user needs
- Experience in and enthusiasm for teaching
- Commitment to excellence in public service
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and collegially with library staff, faculty, and students
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s and/or Graduate degree in one of the sciences
- Data management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience in library outreach and advocacy
More information available at: https://jobs.lclark.edu/postings/3532
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC