DescriptionEmployer: Australian Broadcasting Corporation [closing date: 17 March 2013]
$71,898 - $78,364 p.a. + Generous Super
· Lead and coordinate the operations of the NSW Archives Cataloguing Unit to enable content discovery for clients, including:
- Define projects, goals and priorities for the Unit according to directions set by Manager Research Services and the National Cataloguing Coordinator
- Ensure the resources, facilities and equipment of the Unit are maintained
- Establish job plans; monitor and appraise performance of Unit staff
· Participate and contribute to collections, systems and services development to improve work flows and to support client needs, including:
- Make recommendations concerning metadata, workflow, systems development, policies and procedures, particularly in relation to digital systems, in consultation with Manager Research Services and the National Cataloguing Coordinator and ABC stake-holders
- Work with content producers and Research Services colleagues to assess requirements, priorities and improvements to support resource discovery
- Support and assist in the promotion of Content Services information systems and promote and contribute to the development of improved systems and services
· Ensure Unit staff are trained in cataloguing procedures, systems and standards. Ensure Content Services staff are competent in the use of Content Services systems
· Undertake more complex and extensive cataloguing projects and carry out the duties of Cataloguer / Researcher as required
· Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
1. Tertiary qualifications in Library/Archives/Information Management related studies or equivalent relevant experience.
2. Demonstrated understanding of cataloguing and metadata principles as they apply across a range of audio-visual media.
3. Supervisory experience and demonstrated team leadership capabilities.
4. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and written skills.
5. Has the ability to understand apply cataloguing, collection and service policies.
6. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on working at the ABC and how to apply, visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Salvatore Russo on (02) 8333 3268
Applications Close: 17 March 2013
Vacancy Reference: 493536
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 4, 2013 19:48 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC