Executive Director/System Administrator
Montgomery County Library & Information Network Consortium — Conshohocken
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 1, 2013
DescriptionMontgomery County Library & Information Network Consortium
Conshohocken, PA (Philadelphia suburbs)
MCLINC (Montgomery County Library & Information Network Consortium) invites applications for the position of Executive Director/System Administrator.
MCLINC is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit library consortium founded in 1995, composed of 16 public libraries and library systems in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. MCLINC's funding comes primarily from member libraries' dues & E-Rate discounts. Its main mission is to operate a shared integrated library system (Polaris), a wide-area network supporting the ILS, 180-200 staff computers and 500+ public Internet workstations in 31 public library buildings, plus ILS connections to four public library bookmobiles operated by the Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library.
At its headquarters in Conshohocken, it operates a server farm supporting the Polaris ILS, Outlook email supporting 350+ staff email boxes, Internet content filtering (compliant with Federal and State requirements), member library websites and enterprise security software.
The Director/System Administrator supervises two full-time network administrators responsible for network and telecommunications operations as well as one full-time administrative assistant responsible for office management, accounting and ILS support.
MCLINC is a collegial consortium with active working committees composed of library directors and member library staff who contribute to setting consortium policies and procedures. The Director/System Administrator reports to the President of the MCLINC Board of Directors and meets bi-monthly with MCLINC's 16-member board.
Essential responsibilities include:
* Coordinating day-to-day operation and maintenance of Polaris ILS
* Generating monthly reports to member libraries and MCLINC Board
* Creating plans for software upgrades to ILS & library management tools (Faronics Deep Freeze, Envisionware PC Reservation/LPTOne)
* Coordinating maintenance & integrity of database
* Preparing annual budget and overseeing financial operations of the consortium
* Recruiting, selecting and evaluating MCLINC staff; planning and organizing workloads and staff assignments
* E-Rate filing for wide-area network telecommunications and Internet service
* Developing & maintaining documentation for MCLINC policies & procedures
* Developing training for MCLINC member libraries' staff
The MCLINC Board of Directors is seeking applicants with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* MLS with experience in administration and management of library technology
* Self-directed manager with excellent written/verbal communication and problem-solving skills
* Firm knowledge of local and wide-area networking architecture and operations
* Knowledge of best practices in library management, network security and library cooperation
* Commitment to professional philosophies of library public service and intellectual freedom
* Familiarity with E-Rate; Federal and State regulations
* Grant planning, writing and project management skills
* Ability to communicate, train and trouble-shoot with library line staff and lay people
* Valid driver's license
Compensation & Benefits
* Salary range $65,000 - $70,000 annually
* MCLINC pays 100% of individual monthly premium for AETNA HMO health insurance plan
* MCLINC contributes 5% of salary to a TIAA-CREF 403 (B) defined contribution plan
* 2 weeks paid vacation. 2 paid personal days per year. 1 day of paid sick leave accrued per month.
Please apply by mail by sending cover letter, resume and names/contact information of current references to:
President, Board of Directors
Montgomery County Library & Information Network Consortium
301 Fayette Street
Conshohocken, PA 19428
MCLINC is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit the consortium's website at www.MCLINC.org for more information about the consortium, its members, its services and policies.
How to apply
Published: Friday, March 1, 2013 01:47 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC