Cooperative Systems Specialist (deadline extended)
Created: February 24, 2013
BC Libraries Cooperative Vancouver0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe BC Libraries Cooperative is a Canadian, non-profit community enterprise. We are strategically focused on the delivery of shared operational infrastructure and resources for our diverse members – over 100 institutions across Canada. Simply put, we strive to improve efficiency, reduce costs and extend service delivery in libraries.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Systems Specialist to work as a member of our team. The Systems Specialist will primarily participate in supporting Sitka’s shared instance of the Evergreen open ILS and related software, hardware and network solutions. Secondarily, the Systems Specialist may participate on special teams focussing on issues of integration and access.
The ideal candidate brings:
- Direct and extensive experience with Perl
- Knowledge of XML, XPath, and XSLT
- Experience in PostgreSQL (other major RDBMS may be considered)
- Proficiency with Linux and experience in system administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer or Information Science or a related field and 3-5 years of increasingly responsible related experience required.
- Experience with Apache
- Knowledge and experience with software development, including version control, documentation, and sound security practices.
- Project management experience will be considered an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with individuals and groups, both on site and remotely; with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with grace and good humour.
- Experience with the Evergreen ILS and/or other library system software
- Experience working with public, academic or government library organizations
While the Co-op has a Vancouver, BC office, this is a virtual office opportunity for the right candidate. Most of our team work remotely, using the Vancouver office for regular or occasional face-to-face meet-ups.
- This is a two year full-time contract with potential for employment status and benefits.
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a growing community enterprise.
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and how it directly relates to the position requirements, as well as your resume (both in pdf format) to: office[at]bc.libraries.coop
- Deadline: Extended to Friday, March 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm PST
- We thank all applicants for their interest but only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC