Kansas State University — Manhattan
0 other recent jobs
Created: February 13, 2013
• Associate degree in Computer Science & Information Technology or related field PLUS minimum of two years of fulltime development and server administration experience in a Linux/Solaris environment OR, if no associate degree in Computer Science & Information Technology or related field, four years of full time development and server administration experience.
• Demonstrated experience administering Web servers, including Apache and Tomcat, and database servers, including MySQL.
• Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting open source applications.
• Working knowledge of a programming or scripting language, such as Perl or PHP.
• Demonstrated experience in server virtualization.
• Strong customer service attitude; enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience working with library applications such as Voyager, DSpace, Drupal, etc.
• Familiarity with long term storage systems for archiving purposes.
• Experience working with authorization/authentication mechanisms such as LDAP, CAS, Shibboleth.
• Experience supporting a versioning system
• Maintain the hardware and software infrastructure in our Linux/Solaris environment including support of Web servers, application servers, versioning platform, etc. Install and configure server operating systems and related layered software, ensuring data, security standards, and procedures are maintained. • Perform shell scripting and programming in appropriate languages.
• Liaison with campus IT units to manage SAN storage/tape environment, system backups, and security policies. Play an active role in the development and deployment of new services and technologies.
• Work collaboratively with other members in the library, external open source community, and vendor support staff in a team-based approach.
• Consult with application developers to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems and recommend hardware/software purchases.
• Work in a team to manage system administration, web/application server administration and database server administration, maintaining up-to-date system documentation and managing code in a version-control system.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 14:52 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC