Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at Getty
Getty believes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are essential to our excellence and to the execution of our mission. The Getty community values differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Getty Digital, we're re-imagining how we can use data, software, and systems to provide a deeply connected and consistent experience for staff, scholars, researchers, and enthusiasts as they explore the rich and complex information held across the organization. This position plays a central role in this effort by managing large and complex technical projects to advance Getty’s work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced professional to join the Collection & Content Management Systems (CCMS) team within Getty Digital. This position reports to the CCMS Associate Director and works closely with staff from across the organization, including other associate directors, librarians, archivists, imaging specialists, engineers, subject-matter experts, and technologists to implement innovative solutions that address our user and business needs. Additionally, a key aspect of this position is collaborating with external partners on high-profile cross-institutional projects.
This position manages high-risk and complex technical projects and drives them to completion. Two major projects will kick off the incumbent’s project portfolio. The first is managing Getty’s digital component of the Johnson Publishing Company Archive project. This is a joint project between Getty and the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History & Culture to bring the Johnson Publishing Company Archive, an amazing collection of over 5 million photographs documenting Black history in America, to the public. The second project is an initiative to rearchitect Getty’s internal imaging and data pipelines and will transform how work is performed at Getty. These two projects demonstrate the exciting scope of work this position will be engaged in managing.
Getty, one of the most prestigious cultural heritage organizations in the world, is dedicated to furthering the study of the history of art, advancing conservation practice, and promoting public knowledge and appreciation of art. Our dynamic and beautiful campus is filled with art, archives and special collections, and a world-class research library. We offer four weeks of accrued vacation a year, every other Friday off, and excellent benefits. Learn more about our benefits.
This position is a hybrid work environment opportunity; this is not a permanent remote assignment. The successful candidate must be a California resident when employment begins and must work at least one day per week on Getty’s campus. Relocation assistance may be available.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Performs the full range of project management duties: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing
- Independently directs projects requiring high levels of functional integration and involving multiple disciplines to be managed
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects with complex interdependencies
- Track, coordinate, plan, and report on technical work across multiple teams and organizations
- Collaborate with other project managers—both within and outside the organization
- Collaborate with software engineers, system administrators and subject-matter experts
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive recommendation consensus
- Implement management and communication plans and processes
- Communicate with partners and team members throughout the phases of development
- Maintain project documentation, time frames, budget estimates and status reports
- Monitor project expenses and ensure adherence to the budget. Address cost overruns and budgetary issues promptly
- Develop and implement change management strategies and communication to ensure project success
- Identify potential project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Address unexpected issues that may arise during the project. Implement effective problem-solving and escalation procedures
- Prepare post-project reports, including lessons learned and recommendations for future projects
- Regularly prepare presentations and/or present on this work to internal and external audiences
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive software analysis development and implementation experience
- 5-8 years IT project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), certified completion of a Project Management program, or certification in process is highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing complex technical projects within the cultural heritage domain
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred
- Knowledge of archival, collection management, or digital asset management practice and systems
- Familiar with cultural heritage technologies (Linked Art, IIIF, computer vision) preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and manage cross-functional teams
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally with key stakeholders, external partners, and senior management
- Experience managing contracts and vendor relationships
- Proficiency in project management software and tools (e.g., Workfront, Jira)
Benefits and Perks
Here are just some examples that Getty offers/provides for full-time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, starting on date of hire. Getty pays 75%-95% of the premium, depending on the plan selected.
- 403(b) Employee Investment retirement plan – with up to 5% Getty Match
- Getty contribution of 6%, on behalf of employee, to 401(a) retirement account
- Educational Assistance and professional development
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Many positions have bi-weekly Off-Fridays
- On-Site Fitness Center at Getty Center
- Community service opportunities
To learn more about our comprehensive benefits and long list of perks, go to Getty HR.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Published: Friday, February 9, 2024 06:36 UTC
Last updated: Friday, February 9, 2024 06:36 UTC