The University Library at California State University, Northridge seeks a professionally engaged, innovative, and collaborative Systems Librarian to join our Library systems and technology team. In a team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for: Managing and supporting the Unified Library Management System (Ex Libris Alma and Primo data display and indexing); Facilitating import, export, and interoperability of metadata in library systems; Guiding the creative integration of the library system with the Library's website and other systems; Collaborating with the Library Systems Group, campus technology departments, staff, librarians, and teaching faculty to design, promote, and improve online access and integration of library resources and collections; Initiating both the implementation and the awareness of new features that enhance user success in finding and using library content; Serving on Library, campus, regional, and national organizations and initiatives.
In addition, the Systems Librarian, depending on educational background and experience, participates in liaison and collection development activities for one or more disciplines, based on the needs of the Library. Participates in library instructions, and in-person and remote reference/research assistance in a dynamic learning environment.
This is a 12-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the Senior Assistant Librarian or Associate Librarian Level with attendant expectations for professional competence, service, and scholarly and creative contributions to the field. Some evening and weekend work may be required. The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which they are housed for recommending tenure and promotion. In addition to teaching, the position requires weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, participation in assessment of student learning, and service to the department, college, and university. Given CSUN’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and engagement in a diverse environment, the successful candidate will help the Department achieve equitable academic outcomes for all students through teaching, scholarship, and service.
In addition to teaching, the position requires weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, participation in assessment of student learning, and service to the department, college, and university. Given CSUN’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and engagement in a diverse environment, the successful candidate will help the Department achieve equitable academic outcomes for all students through teaching, student mentorship, scholarship, and service.
- Master's degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school, or equivalent degree if earned from outside the U.S. or Canada;
- Demonstrated experience managing library systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata formats (such as MARC 21; Dublin Core);
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data display and functionality problems;
- Analytical, written communication, and decision-making skills;
- Ability to apply commitments to diversity, equity, and racial and social justice within the context of library systems;
- Commitment to engage in research and continued professional development worthy of promotion and tenure in the California State University system.
- At least two years professional experience in an academic library;
- Experience managing a library services platform (Ex Libris Alma/Primo, preferred);
- Experience with OCLC and document delivery systems;
- Familiarity with authentication systems in libraries;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and issues in library systems;
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, working with teams, providing application training and liaising with vendors;
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to effectively work with students from diverse backgrounds and to working in a diverse campus community;
- Experience providing information literacy instruction;
- Experience providing reference/research assistance.
Preferred application deadline is March 1, 2024 and applications received after this date may be considered on an as needed basis. However, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To apply and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three current professional references to the website in the section above. In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide additional materials. At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Friday, January 19, 2024 06:13 UTC
Last updated: Friday, January 19, 2024 06:13 UTC