Please apply with resume and cover letter at: https://lyrasis.isolvedhire.com/jobs/1029973-25777.html
Applications are accepted until the position is filled, but the review of applications will begin on November 30, 2023.
Lyrasis is a national non-profit organization providing a broad array of programs and services for libraries, archives and museums. Our hosted services are one of the fastest growing areas of providing open technology hosting and related services at scale.
Essential Functions or Purpose:
The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator works as part of an outreach team to support the full suite of open-source hosted services: ArchivesSpace, CollectionSpace, DSpaceDirect, and DuraCloud. The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator is a key contact and maintains responsibility for ensuring all potential and existing clients receive professional and accurate guidance in their use of the hosted services.
This role requires someone who enjoys daily engagement with our libraries, archives and museum communities and is or becomes fluent in the benefits of working with a non-profit service provider.
The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator is responsible for successfully leading clients through the Software-as-a-Service sales process - from developing new leads through to full contract execution. This role manages both new inquiries/new clients and renewals/existing clients. Responsibilities include fulfilling new proposals, renewing existing contracts, engaging in general account management activities and more. This collaborative role provides opportunities to work across functional teams, such as marketing, to develop targeted and ongoing marketing and participating in other outreach activities. The hosting team is strategically aligned with the Community Program and Hosting Services Division and meaningful collaboration with the technical and program teams is a critical part of this role, as we strive to align with Program priorities and initiatives in a service environment. This position is a blend of autonomous work and team/cross team engagement with a goal of providing excellent service, subject matter expertise and a working understanding of the client's needs.
- Execute the hosted service outreach process with new clients, from initial inquiry through to contract completion.
- Manage complex, consultative interviews to determine client's needs and deliver itemized quotes based on consultation.
- Collaborate with multiple points of contact at an institution in order to ensure mutual contract and procurement needs are met.
- Introduce clients to technology, providing introductory walkthroughs tailored to the needs of each organization.
- Effectively communicate on-board status, observations, and needs prioritization to appropriate team members.
- Ensure effective communication is provided to all clients. Serve as the central project liaison with external partners and internal teams.
- Develop thorough, detailed, and clear written documents in response to requests for proposals and requests for quotations, as needed.
- Make presentations and attend conferences/in-person events, as needed.
- Other project-related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
Required General Knowledge and Experience:
- General understanding of the open-source software development process and life cycle.
- General knowledge of library systems, including an understanding of archival, preservation, and digital asset management systems.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Must possess self-directed initiative and excel in time management, organization, and prioritization.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with people and organizations internal and external to LYRASIS.
- Proven ability to interact with software engineers, developers, and business teams.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including experience presenting both in-person and virtually.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Required Qualifications and Technical Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3 years of related client-facing work experience.
- Experience using archive and/or other library technology - particularly open source.
- Experience presenting in-person and via remote technology (such as Zoom, Skype, WebEx, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Office and/or GSuite products and website editors or content management programs.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of related client-facing work experience.
- Familiarity with ArchivesSpace, CollectionSpace, DSpace/DSpaceDirect, DuraCloud, or other archival, collection management, digital preservation, and/or digital asset management systems.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and forecasting methodologies.
- Familiarity with Zendesk ticketing, Basecamp, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working in a library or archive.
- Experience working in a remote position.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Conference travel may require some light lifting (boxes, literature)
- Remote / home based United States or Canada
How to apply
Published: Monday, November 13, 2023 16:46 UTC
Last updated: Monday, November 13, 2023 16:46 UTC