Pittsburg State University invites applications for the position of Digital Archivist and Institutional Repository Manager located in the department of Library Services. The primary functions of the Digital Archivist and IR Manager are the management, promotion, and digital preservation of the library’s digital collections of archival and scholarly documents; management of the institutional repository services; to create, standardize, and revise metadata for digital collections using appropriate schema, standards, and best practices; develop and manage future digital content initiatives, including digitization and programs for Library Services; and participation in the library’s support and development of open educational resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
Institutional Repository Administration – 65%
- Provide leadership for the development and use of the Library’s digital resources and institutional repository platforms.
- Administer, curate, archive, and preserve digital content for collection development, supervision of digitization projects, metadata creation, quality control, and reporting.
- Collaborate with library and non-library units in the management and content creation of the Library’s digitized and born-digital collections within the institutional repository.
- Work with faculty and other campus units to develop and promote the use of the institutional repository.
Digitization – 15%
- Collaborate with library and campus units, especially Special Collections and University Archives, to identify potential digital initiatives and collections of materials suitable for digitization.
Collaboration and Support – 15%
- Works with Learning Outreach librarians and other University positions to support the development, management and promotion of social media content with a digital media component.
- Provides input to processing and preservation grants led by Special Collections and University Archives; keeps current and shares information with Library Services on trends in digital archives, digital preservation, emerging technologies, and scholarly communications.
- Works with faculty and other campus units to promote the adoption and preservation of open educational resources.
Other Duties as Assigned – 5%
* Other duties as assigned, including representing Library Services on appropriate campus committees.
Education and Experience
Required Education and Experience at Hire -
- Master’s degree in library science, information science, or related field
- 1 Year experience with metadata schemas and standards, such as Dublin Core
Preferred Education and Experience –
- 1Year of experience with digital archiving and/or metadata creation
- 1 Year of experience with digitization projects and/or institutional repositories
- 1 Year of experience in an academic library or higher education setting
- 1 Year of experience with open educational resources
- 1 Year of experience with Digital Commons
Screening Services (Background Checks): Employment with Pittsburg State University is contingent on a satisfactory criminal background check.
Job Type: Unclassified; Non-Tenure Earning
Appointment Duration: 12 months
Work Schedule: Full Time – Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Application Documents Required*:
- Cover letter
- Names and Contact Details (title, phone and email) for Three (3) Professional References.
Search Committee Chair: Ruth Monnier (email@example.com)
Open Until Filled with a first review date of October 18, 2023.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Monday, November 13, 2023 16:46 UTC
Last updated: Monday, November 13, 2023 16:46 UTC