The position is located in Program Area A – content development and metadata: PID and Metadata Services – and is limited to two years, an extension and continuation of the project is intended. The regular weekly working time is 39.80 hours (full-time) and the position is generally suitable for part-time work. The remuneration is based on Entgeltgruppe 11 TV-L.
The TIB supports scientific institutions in questions of publishing scientific papers or reports, specialized information in other formats such as 3D models and research data. It offers a steadily growing service portfolio in the area of Open Science, this is based
here in particular on Persistent Identifiers (PIDs). This includes the PID Competence Center as well as active PID integrations in our existing services and projects (ConfIDent, BMBF Research Reports, Open Research Knowledge Graph, etc.). Within the PID and Metadata Services unit, your responsibility as a metadata specialist will be to facilitate seamless communication between specialist departments and IT and to contribute to the development and implementation of new services. You will help to ensure that TIB's services and further developments, such as the Open Research Knowledge Graph (ORKG), can build on up-to-date and high-quality library metadata.
Your activities include
· Data analysis and evaluation of metadata quality.
· Creating mappings for various data formats and data sources.
· Comprehensive support in all questions regarding metadata.
· Conducting workshops and providing support to functional departments.
· Testing new programs and tools for metadata management.
· Active participation in new metadata initiatives.
· Completed university studies (bachelor's degree, FH diploma) in information management, information science or a related relevant course of study.
· Knowledge of current library formats such as MARC21 and rules and regulations such as RDA.
· Strong knowledge of international data and metadata standards such as DataCite, DublinCore, XML, and RDF.
· Basic knowledge of academic library workflows.
· High level of initiative and a solution-oriented approach to work.
· Excellent analytical skills as well as excellent communication skills.
Other valuable additions to your profile
· Hands-on experience in a relevant scripting language such as Python or R for metadata analysis.
· Experience working with large datasets.
· Interest and expertise in the academic research environment, persistent identifiers, and the delivery of scientific information, including the motivation to study these topics in depth.
· Enthusiasm for innovative technologies and current developments.
· Very good command of written and spoken English.
· Willingness to actively engage in international networks.
· A job in the public service, oriented towards the common good on the basis of the collective agreement for the public service of the German states (TV-L) with a salary in pay scale group Entgeltgruppe 11 TV-L.
· A special annual payment at the end of the year and 30 days of vacation per year (based on a five-day working week);
· Flexible working time models (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life such as mobile work and remote work options;
· A modern workplace in a central location of Hannover with a collegial, attractive and varied working environment;
· An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pensions scheme for the public sector (VBL);
· Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover;
· Provision of technical equipment and participation in workshops;
· A portfolio of technology components to build on.
We value the diversity of our staff and are strongly committed to an open and collegial
working climate. Questions regarding the position can be addressed to Britta Dreyer,
head of PID- and Metadataservices via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Please submit your application here.
Mail applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your
complete application documents with the subject 59/2023 before 19.10.2023
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
or alternatively as a single PDF document file to email@example.com. For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
In the case of foreign university degrees, it is mandatory to submit a Statement of Comparability from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) for the final assessment of the hiring requirements during the hiring process (link for more information). A fee will be charged for this. This obligation does not apply if the foreign university degree has already been assessed by an expert and is listed in the ANABIN database of the ZAB as an equivalent university degree (link to ANABIN database).
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 600 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
1. Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
2. Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology.
3. Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment. We welcome applications from all nationalities.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please indicate in the subject line of your application through which job board you became aware of our offer.
Last updated: Friday, October 6, 2023 16:41 UTC