This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Federal Civilian business unit supports a wide range of customers that span the federal, commercial, and nonprofit space. Our customers include the General Services Administration, Office of Personnel Management, PAN Foundation, Library of Congress, Social Security Administration, Health and Human Services, and the USDA Forest Service. We partner with these agencies to build new capabilities, deliver products, establish data as a strategic asset for informed decision-making, modernize legacy systems, and build the digital service infrastructure necessary to scale their mission impact.
In this role, you will serve as an experienced individual contributor within a team, with the expectation that you will further develop your leadership, guidance and mentoring skills. With minimal oversight from leadership, you will be responsible for supporting the goal of meeting scope, schedule and delivery requirements. A Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack impacts the long-term goals of the program, while contributing to the implementation of the program’s development strategy. You may serve as the discipline's primary lead when working with stakeholders and utilize strong influential skills to drive improvements in software engineering processes and practices. Primary expectations of a Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack include:
- Demonstrates expertise, accountability, and ownership of their contributions to an application code base
- Maintains a high-level understanding of adjacent technical areas and ecosystems to effectively coordinate integration with those systems
- Diagnoses and effectively resolves issues with the systems they own, using incidents to inform educational opportunities and system improvements
- Actively mentors and assists more junior engineers in the development of their skills
- Effectively communicates technical issues and developments with team members and clients
- Participates in technical interviews with new candidates
- Strong influential skills to propose and evaluate multiple approaches to technical and process problems
- May serve as a mentor to individuals within the team
- May lead small, less critical, or temporary team structures and projects
- Presents design documents, system diagrams, etc. to clients, stakeholders, partners, and other engineers
- 7 years of professional experience
- Experience with Go or other object-oriented languages
- Experience with AWS, such as SNS, SQS, Lambda, ECS, or RDS
- Experience with legacy code
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge in at least one technical area (including but not limited to frontend and backend, or infrastructure engineering)
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL
- Experience with React, Python, or PHP
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $115,570 - $125,000 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Last updated: Friday, October 6, 2023 16:40 UTC