The Oklahoma State University (OSU) Libraries is recruiting an Assistant Professor/Digital Services Librarian within the Digital Resources and Discovery Services (DRDS) department. The Digital Services Librarian will lead the library's statistical reporting and participate in technical services activities involving serials, acquisitions, and e-resources management.
DRDS is home to dedicated team members supporting the library's digital and physical infrastructure, encompassing metadata, resource access and discovery, scanning, and digital library services. It is an exciting time within the department as we are currently implementing FOLIO, an open-source library services platform across ten institutions within the state of Oklahoma. Committed to Oklahoma State University Libraries mission, we provide a welcoming environment for professional growth and exploration of your research agenda. To learn more about our values, mission, vision, and expectations for library leaders, please see https://library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/.
- Timely collection and reporting of statistical data from a variety of internal and external information systems and services.
- Create, improve, and/or streamline reporting in collaboration with library departments, branch libraries, auxiliary facilities, and consortial institutions.
- Design and build reports within the integrated library services platform.
- Participate in serials/acquisitions/e-resources activities.
- Serve as an active participant in the Library’s Carpentries program.
Required Experience, Skills, & Qualifications:
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- One to two years of related professional experience.
- Experience with data analytics and reporting tools.
- Capacity to think systematically to analyze issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain procedures, workflows, and documentation.
- Working knowledge of library serials/e-resources, including acquisitions, cataloging, discovery, activation, troubleshooting, renewal, deselection, and post cancellation access.
- Demonstrated ability to assess new technology and data manipulation tools and use them to improve library services.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Meet university requirements in keeping with a tenure-track faculty position, including scholarly and creative activities, and service.
- Experience with data analysis, statistical, or visualization software applications (such as Excel, Tableau, SPSS, Stata, R, Microsoft BI, or Oracle BI).
- Working knowledge of EBSCO’s suite of tools, such as EBSCOadmin, Holdings Management, EBSCONET, GOBI Library Solutions, and/or Panorama.
Salary is a minimum $55,000 annually for an 11-month appointment with a generous holiday schedule, health care plans, and retirement options. As part of this role, you will receive start-up funding for research and/or professional travel and have access to the Library’s grant writer and development team as well as a full communication team.
Deadline: Application review begins October 5th, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University’s website at https://jobs.okstate.edu. Along with the listed qualifications, please indicate in your cover letter any other professional experiences, certifications, or accomplishments that you would bring to this position. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check.
Oklahoma State University is committed to excellence in diversity and inclusion and has received numerous awards for its efforts and progress in this area. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups and strongly encourage women and persons of color to apply for open positions.
OSU is an AA/EEO/E-Verify Employer. Hiring contingent upon available funding.
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Saturday, September 16, 2023 16:27 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, September 16, 2023 16:27 UTC