Elihu Burritt Library
Central Connecticut State University’s Elihu Burritt Library seeks applicants who are knowledgeable, resourceful, and service oriented for a full-time, Assistant Librarian position. CCSU Librarians play an integral role in providing an array of library services to our students, faculty and staff.
About Elihu Burritt Library
The academic focal point of every University community is its library. CCSU’s Elihu Burritt Library provides students with information and materials needed to complete assigned classwork and research. The library provides a comfortable and productive space that allows students to work on assignments and research while having research assistance and library materials at their fingertips.
For more information about Central Connecticut State University’s Elihu Burritt Library, please visit CCSU Elihu Burritt Library.
This position is expected to lead a team of dedicated library professionals and student workers assigned to Access Services. Daily tasks include automated circulation system, electronic reserves, ExLibris’ ALMA Fulfilment module, interlibrary loan activities including lending and borrowing, collection of fees, statuses of student borrowers, customer service and dispute resolution as well as other administrative duties including data collection and reporting writing. Incumbent is expected to support all library functions as needed.
Applicant Evaluative Criteria
Applicant profiles and supplementary materials will be evaluated for appointment based on the following:
All applicants must possess an advanced degree in Library Science or a closely related field from an accredited university.
Applicants who do not possess a Doctorate or terminal degree must additionally possess at least three (3) years of full-time service in a college or university at a rank of Staff Librarian or above with an additional full year of study above the master’s level.
- Master of Library Science (MLS) or Master of Library and Information Services (MLIS) degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program.
- Two (2) years of experience leading a team of professional and student employees.
- Exemplary customer service.
- Stacks management and inventory control
- Service point scheduling for the Circulation Desk
- Ex Libris’ integrated library system ALMA
- Interlibrary loan and/or resource sharing
- Course reserves management
- Copyright laws
- Productivity software, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Springshare Suite of products (LibGuides, LibAnswers, LibCal, for example)
- Resolution of library information technology challenges in collaboration with the Systems Librarian and the university’s information technology department
- Report writing and analytics.
- Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) tagging technology for asset management.
To begin the application process, select the Apply button and electronically submit the following documents by September 30, 2023.
- Letter of interest addressing the qualifications for this position.
- Current Résumé
- Names of three professional references including their address, email address, and telephone numbers.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered, emailed, and mailed applications will not be accepted. Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security Number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted.
Inquiries may be sent to Sharon Clapp, Search Committee Chair, at (860) 832-2059 or SClapp@ccsu.edu
Compensation and Employee Benefits
In accordance with the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) Collective Bargaining Union Contract, compensation for this position is at the rank of Assistant Librarian for 2023-2024. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. For more information, please visit 2021-2025 American Association of University Professors (AAUP) Collective Bargaining Union Contract.
The State of Connecticut and Central Connecticut State University are proud to offer its employees competitive wages and a wide range of fringe benefits including voluntary and supplemental benefits.
Fringe benefits include: paid personal, vacation and sick leave accruals; medical, dental, and prescription plans; group life insurance; retirement; retiree health care; tuition waiver for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Connecticut State Universities (Central, Eastern, Southern or Western) as well as an array of voluntary and supplemental benefits such as Deferred Retirement Contribution plans, Dependent Care Assistance and Medical Flexible spending accounts; long and short term disability insurance plans.
For more detailed information, please visit CCSU Human Resources.
As an affirmative action employer, Central Connecticut State University actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
How to apply
Published: Saturday, September 2, 2023 03:32 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, September 2, 2023 03:32 UTC