Do you want a challenging and varied role that combines technical support and working with the library’s digital world-class heritage collections?
We are looking for a technically-proficient information professional to join our team on a permanent basis. If you have an understanding of technical systems, a passion for digital heritage collections and a track record in providing user support then we would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will manage the library’s digital heritage collections across a range of platforms, undertake their migration to new systems, and provide first-line technical support for our digitisation team.
Working hours are 35 hours per week Monday to Friday and there is some flexibility around working hours and working from home[AM1] . Please refer to the University’s Hybrid Workplace Policy for more information. For more information and to apply, please view on our website.
- Managing digital heritage collections, including images and associated metadata, within new and legacy digital collections systems so that they can be easily accessed and used for learning, teaching, research and other purposes. This includes migrating collections between systems.
- Undertaking configuration work within digital collections systems, based on user feedback and new technical developments
- Providing technical support for digital systems used for digitisation
- Providing training for users accessing content within digital collection systems, including updating them on new system functionality
- Ensuring preservation copies of digitised heritage collections are submitted to digital preservation, in line with the agreed digital preservation approach
- Line management of student interns / staff as needed
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience of using / managing a range of file formats (PDF, JPEG, TIFF etc)
- An understanding of the requirements for managing digitised heritage collections
- Experience of providing technical / systems support in an academic / heritage contexts
- Knowledge and experience of different metadata standards
- Ability to keep up to date with new developments in an evolving professional field
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Click to view a copy of the full job description (opens new browser tab)
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 23, 2023 02:41 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, August 23, 2023 02:41 UTC