UE06: £31,396 - £36,024 per annum
Full time, 35 hours per week
We are looking for a skilled Senior Technician to join our award winning uCreate team on a permanent basis. If you have a passion for technology and enjoy sharing your knowledge, skills and enthusiasm with others then we would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will be the service’s technical lead on mixed reality (VR / AR), electronics, programming, multimedia, and reprographics and should have some knowledge and practical experience in most of these areas.
Working hours are 35 hours per week Monday to Friday during standard working hours, but there may be an occasional requirement to work at evenings or weekends on an ad-hoc basis, as agreed with post-holder. As this is a user-facing role, there is limited flexibility around working hours and working from home. Please refer to the University’s Hybrid Workplace Policy for more information. If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
- Supervising, coordinating and contributing to the maintenance, upkeep and organisation of equipment including repairs, troubleshooting and the identification of issues
- Providing technical leadership in a number of uCreate’s service areas
- Providing support for uCreate service users by delivering induction sessions, training and workshops, providing project advice, answering queries and supervising the use of equipment
- Supporting the Makerspace Manager in the delivery and day-to-day management and administration of the uCreate service, as well as any other ad-hoc duties as required
- Line management of student technicians and assisting with their recruitment and training
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience carrying out mechanical and electronic repairs, diagnosing problems and implementing solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- A track record of staff supervision in a demanding user-focused environment.
- Software and hardware skills should include some combination of Mixed Reality, Digital Manufacture, 3D Digitisation, Electronics and programming, Multimedia and reprographics, with expert knowledge in at least two of them.
- The ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise effectively
Click to view a copy of the full job description.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 00:28 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 00:28 UTC