There is a position available for a ZA 3-4 Librarian at National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
USAJOBS link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/742285100
This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), with one vacancy located in Silver Spring, MD.
The position is open from 08/10/2023 to 08/24/2023
As a Librarian, you will perform the following duties:
- Lead a program to procure and maintain an electronic resource collection that supports the research needs of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) staff. The electronic resource collection includes databases, ebooks, ejournals, streaming media, and membership-based resources.
- Responsible for the entire lifecycle of electronic resources. Work with other NOAA Central Library (NCL) team members to investigate, establish, and maintain transformative agreements with publishers. Perform procurement market research, testing and implementation of new systems and products, and enhancements to current library systems. Act as Contracting Officer's Representative on all systems-related procurements.
- Apply advance knowledge of NOAA Information Technology (IT) procurement and IT security policies related to acquisition of electronic library subscriptions. Serve as an authority and point of contact for the collection of all electronic resource metrics (e.g. COUNTER statistics using SUSHI protocols when available, and citation data) pertaining to online subscriptions. Apply expert level knowledge of MARC and other metadata schemas, structured data, markup languages, and content standards in order to enhance electronic resource discovery.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of emerging trends and issues in library discovery, metadata and electronic delivery technologies. Evaluate potential of new library technologies for adaptation and recommend policy and procedural changes designed to improve library access and efficiency. Serve as the principle adviser on library systems and technologies.
- Represent the Library and serve as a liaison to the NOAA Library network in providing assistance for the management of electronic resources. Participate in Library network activities engaged in electronic resource development issues. Maintain close working relationships with publishers, subscription agents, and system vendors to support the entire lifecycle of electronic resources and represent the interests of NOAA staff.
NOTE: These duties are described at the full performance level of the ZA-4; the ZA-3 is developmental leading to such performance.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, August 10, 2023 18:56 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, August 10, 2023 18:56 UTC