We are looking for a talented and dynamic software engineer to oversee the architecture and delivery of high-profile and sustainable software applications that enhance and enable research and teaching with the University’s cultural heritage collections. They will manage a small team of developers working on the preservation and discovery of these collections. These systems include our legacy digital collections platform, our archives catalogue and Collections.ed. Please apply via this link.
This is a hybrid-working position, and the successful candidate will be expected to work in the office at least 1 day per week (currently Tuesdays).
What are the duties and responsibilities for this role?
- Provide technical direction for projects and services for digital collections infrastructure and technically lead on assigned software development projects and work packages including requirements definition and high-level software programming.
- Provide technical expertise and strategic leadership in the ongoing design and development of digital library systems and stays abreast of developments in the field.
- Line manage, coach, and develop engineering staff and assist in the overall running of the Development & Systems team, carrying out a range of activities in relation to staff resourcing and training.
- Actively participate in relevant open communities and establish strong working relationships with stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of technical solutions that are fit for purpose.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with implementing and documenting complex software built using object-orientated programming (such as Python or Java) and using front-end frameworks (such as Vue.js, React or Angular).
- Experience in a lead capacity for complex developments including systems integrations using APIs.
- Ability to successfully line manage with knowledge of project management procedures and methodologies.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage
competing demands of services and projects running in parallel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in both verbal and written communications.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 22:19 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 22:19 UTC