The Columbia University Libraries seek a creative, critical-thinking, and collaborative Project Manager to join the Libraries’ Digital Project Management Unit. Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Project Management, the incumbent will lead the entire project lifecycle of digital projects produced in partnership with various stakeholders and library units. They will also help foster the application of project management principles and best practices throughout the libraries.
Subject to business needs, we may support flexible and hybrid/work arrangements. Options will be discussed during the interview process.
● Lead digital projects through the entire project life cycle.
● Help draft project charters, stakeholder registries, and define project goals, scope, and deliverables.
● Create project plans, timelines, and identify solution and resource requirements.
● Lead and manage cross-unit meetings, including goal and agenda setting and sharing meeting outcomes.
● Keep stakeholders informed and communicate project information to the project teams.
● Monitor progress and ensure that project team needs are being met and that timing goals are achievable.
● Document and manage against risk and emergent issues.
● Provide project management consultations to library staff working on digital projects and provide distributed project management support.
● Support grants administration and library colleagues in the planning and execution of sponsored projects.
● Provide periodic status reports to help maintain the Digital Project Management Dashboard.
● Aid in the ongoing development of the Digital Project Management Unit.
● Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in management of agile and traditional multi-stakeholder digital projects or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Experience with digital production procedures, tools, and technologies is required.
- Must be comfortable with project management software.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills and ability to work with teams across the organization to execute a project is required.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience working on digital projects within libraries preferred.
- Experience in generating the documentation, working in wiki and ticketing spaces, plus current knowledge of digital practices in libraries is also highly desirable.
- Experience managing technical projects is highly desirable.
Apply online: https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=170735
As one of the world's leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic, multicultural, intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries comprises a diverse and engaged staff committed to furthering the University's teaching and research mission through innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence. Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position.
Published: Friday, May 26, 2023 05:29 UTC
Last updated: Friday, May 26, 2023 05:29 UTC