Boston University Libraries are seeking a Web & User Experience Librarian to lead our web user experience research efforts and align our content strategy with patron needs. This role will play an essential part in the planned refresh of the Libraries' website, along with an expansion of digital services accompanying the renovation of our main library. The BU Libraries are a focal point of Boston University's 2030 strategic plan and this is an exciting time to join a highly collaborative group of colleagues building our new infrastructure.
- Manage libraries web presence: Ensure an effective web presence for the Libraries through content management and utilization of appropriate web platforms in use across the BU Libraries system, including and especially for information services delivered over the WordPress and SpringShare publishing platforms. Provide resources, support, and training to library colleagues, including liaisons, subject specialists, managers, and administrative coordinators, in the usage of these platforms to deliver research and learning support information to target audiences. Augment Libraries’ communication and outreach efforts through development of capacity and workflows for highlighting collections, people, and spaces to library user communities.
- User experience research activities: Construct, lead, and report on Libraries’ user experience research efforts aimed at the continuous improvement of websites and systems. Guide implementation of solutions. Connect research efforts with the Access Services & Library Experience for integration of web and in-person services. Incorporate and support student contributions to user research and design efforts.
- Content strategy: Provide frameworks and collaborate with stakeholders on content strategy for information, help, services, and guide publishing. Establish schedules and guidelines for content review processes. Develop and maintain style guides.
- Overall website strategy and partnerships: Contribute to the overall strategy and design of the Libraries’ web presence in collaboration with colleagues in the Libraries, marketing & communications, and IS&T. Develop and leverage relationships with partners across campus.
- Professional development and networking: Develop and follow through on personalized professional development plans. Network and represent the Libraries in local and national communities for the web, UX, and accessibility.
To learn more about this position and apply, please visit https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=312259
Published: Thursday, May 25, 2023 16:59 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, May 25, 2023 16:59 UTC