Program Manager, Data Services and Emerging Technologies
The Shannon and Michael Priddy Library facilitates and sustains academic success, innovation, workforce career readiness, and the creation, dissemination and discovery of information. The Priddy Library achieves this through close engagement and collaboration with The Universities at Shady Grove campus, partner institutions and the broader community. The Program Manager will assist the library team in serving students, faculty and staff. The Program Manager will educate students regarding data analysis, data visualization, virtual reality, and the advantages of using these as well as other emerging software and technology. Additionally, the Program Manager will identify trends and introduce workshops to enhance data literacy. The Program Manager will bring robust experience related to project management, developing relationships, and working collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders. In addition, working closely with the assigned Librarian, the Program Manager will be committed to creating and managing spaces that support research, teaching, and learning.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: 06/23/2023
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of experience in data services.
- Experience providing information, data, and/or visual literacy instruction to students and faculty through workshops, consultations, and class instructions;
- Experience using various technology tools, such as virtual reality or similar, in educational or research settings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and statistical methodologies.
- Skilled at using local and national data repositories and public data sets.
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools such as SPSS, R, Excel, Tableau, Python, and/or MAXQDA.
- Knowledge of the impact of artificial intelligence in educational or research settings.
- Ability to exercise leadership, motivate others, and coordinate the work of others.
- Skilled in project management and solutions-driven decision-making.
- Knowledge of the trends in data management throughout the research lifecycle and sharing best practices.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with researchers and support staff across campus units.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; ability to work effectively with a diverse and multicultural faculty, staff, and student community.
- Ability to adapt to a complex, dynamic environment with competing demands.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
- Ability to display initiative in fostering new ideas and implementing change with a commitment to public service.
Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience indicating an ability to become proficient with data management and cleaning tools (e.g., OpenRefine, DMPTool, DMPonline, Git/GitHub, Open Science Framework).
- Experience supporting faculty and researchers with data management planning.
- This position is located in Rockville, MD.
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 21:49 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 21:49 UTC