The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Application Developer C
Job Description Summary
The Web and Application Developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Museum's public website, intranet, and other digital resources. The position reports to the Manager of Digital Records, Archives, and Publications and supports internal operations as well as online platforms. This role is responsible for developing mission-critical, database-driven resources, websites and applications, and for auditing and analyzing systems performance, stability, backup processes, and security measures. Penn Museum strives to meet or exceed standards for digital accessibility, and the Web and Application Developer will advocate for best practices for both accessibility and user experience. This role works collaboratively with subject-matter experts and content creators across the Museum.
The Web and Application Developer will also work with IT and make recommendations for hardware and software upgrades relating to servers and applications, with occasional telephone/desk-side support for both PC and Mac environments expected. This role will identify standards and policy needs, making recommendations for staff and user groups; create systems documentation including setup, maintenance/administration, and user tasks; and provide ad-hoc database administration.
• Develop, document, and maintain internal and external database-driven websites and web applications, prioritizing user experience, accessibility, scalability, and sustainability in collaboration with other web team members, internal stakeholders, and content creators.
• Ensure security, stability, performance of the web and intranet resources; research and adapt to trends and emerging technologies, and optimize as needed.
• Develop, document, and maintain web back end, including server and database administration, CMSs, databases, APIs and other integrations.
• Support daily content updates, ensure quality control, data standardization, and accessibility compliance.
• Maintain and optimize website and database analytics.
• BS in computer science or related field and 3-5 years' experience in web development required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a combination of front- and back-end roles or full-stack is preferred.
• Proven track record for on-time deliverables and an ability to adapt within complex project timelines. Familiarity with project management platforms and ticket-tracking systems is required. Experience leading collaborative projects and PMI certification are preferred
• Strong organization and communication skills, ability to work collaboratively in teams with varied expertise (developers, designers, media and other content creators). Ability to communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical collaborators.
• Excellent documentation practices and creative problem-solving skills using code and process and/or workflow; learn quickly and master diverse web technologies as institutional needs evolve.
• Understanding of cloud platform services like AWS and understanding of linked open data integrations preferred
• A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Targeted Pay Range
• $51,824 - $74,000 commensurate with education and experience
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4193549
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to apply
Published: Saturday, May 20, 2023 22:46 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, May 20, 2023 22:46 UTC