Cornell University Library Information Technologies (CUL-IT) seeks an enthusiastic applications developer to join our Library Applications Development team and to have a substantial impact on the evolution of the Library’s user-facing applications. We create intuitive and inclusive user experiences and web applications with a focus on library cataloging and discovery systems, online exhibits, publication repositories, and collaborative use of linked data. The successful candidate will work closely with other developers, DevOps engineers, and Library staff.
Core responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with Library users and stakeholders to analyze needs and define project specifications.
- Code, debug/troubleshoot, document, test, maintain, and enhance complex Library applications and integrations.
- Participate in project code reviews.
- Contribute to systems architecture decision making.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and system architecture rationales visually, verbally, and in writing with user advocacy a constant priority
What We Need
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field with at least three (3) years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with multiple programming languages, such as Java or Ruby, and model-view-controller (MVC) frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JSON.
- Aptitude to quickly learn other programming languages, frameworks, and other technologies, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Experience in and/or demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and wellbeing.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism, and wellbeing.
For full position description, please see https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CornellCareerPage/job/Ithaca-Main-Campus/Library-Applications-Developer--Remote---Ithaca--NY_WDR-00036906-1
How to apply
Published: Saturday, May 6, 2023 23:46 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, May 6, 2023 23:46 UTC