Lafayette College seeks a service- and communication-oriented Research and High-performance Computing Manager to join its Learning and Research Technologies team. As part of the Division of Information Technology Services, this role serves as a technical expert on the College’s research computing systems and services. This role, in conjunction with the Research Computing Systems Administrator, is responsible for maintaining existing capabilities, and developing new functionality.
This position will collaborate closely with faculty, staff, students, and partners at other institutions to provide broad computational support for research and teaching. This role functions within a dynamic, supportive team environment that permits diverse backgrounds to thrive, including recent graduates, people wanting to make a career change, or those with non-traditional career tracks, educational paths, or life experiences.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Primary duties and responsibilities are as follows, though not necessarily inclusive:
● Consulting with faculty, staff, and students, helping them to make the best possible use of research computing systems and services.
● Working with stakeholders to identify and resolve technical obstacles to the work of Lafayette’s computing-intensive and data-intensive research and education community.
● Partnering with campus constituents to identify and understand research and education activities that can benefit from research cyberinfrastructure, not only at Lafayette but also at other institutions, for example at national supercomputing centers.
● Engaging users to help develop and optimize workflows that effectively and efficiently use research computing systems and services.
● Exploring new opportunities/use cases and partnerships, assisting in grant proposal development, and presenting papers, talks, posters, and similar content at local, regional, and national meetings.
● Supervising, mentoring, and working collaboratively with the Research Computing Systems Administrator.
Knowledge and Skills
Applicants with at least some of the following are encouraged to apply:
● An ability to talk articulately and kindly with researchers possessing varying technical backgrounds.
● A passion and curiosity for research and cyberinfrastructure.
● A desire and ability to collaborate with colleagues at the College in addition to colleagues from regional and national institutions to ensure the College’s research cyberinfrastructure is meeting the needs of its researchers.
● An ability to adapt to an ever-changing technical environment requiring the ability to apply personal strengths as well as explore opportunities for growth.
● A strong desire for continued learning about new technologies and practices to further improve the College’s research cyberinfrastructure.
● Comfort creating and leading presentations and workshops for faculty, staff, and students locally, regionally, and nationally.
If this environment sounds like a strong match, or even an exciting challenge, we encourage you to apply and to use your cover letter to explain how you might be a good fit for the role. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information for three references by May 1st, 2023. http://apply.interfolio.com/121826
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 20, 2023 16:51 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, April 20, 2023 16:51 UTC